Faq Section For Forum

stang

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m
Does it have to be DIY type mods - or explanation of non DIY mods is allowed? :blink:

It can be a DIY mod or a how something was done, the idea is to make this apart of the forum for reference material.Go ahead post it ,if it`s not worthy whats the worst that can happen. All threads will be moved to the relevant cection when completed.

cheers

Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • Benzene
  • Member For: 20y 4m 17d
Somewhere around here is a tutorial I made on installing Sat Nav. I think I called the thread Sat Nav Self Install but I can't search for it for some reason...

Cheers,

Chris

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would this be the same as insatlling the dvd/mp3 kit ?? If so id like to see that.

cheers

• 1 month later...
  • Flaccid Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 29d

Not much of a mod, but I'd reccomend this to anybody who either is into a bit of "spirited" driving or wants to go on track days;

Change your brake fluid to dot 5!

Ford only use cheap cr@p THAT WILL BOIL LEAVING YOU WITH NO BRAKES if you use them hard :blush:

I know, it happened to me, that's running the standard premiums too! Kinda scarey getting to the end of hidden valley straight and have no brakes....

You can get Dot 5 from most any auto shop Autobarn REPCO etc....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 19y 11m 13d

Hey guys,

Just got my boost guage bits, now all I need to do is install the bugger. My questions are as follows:

1 Does the console section above centre dash console just pop out and if so is it easier to pop it out from the front or back?

2 There are 2 wires pink and black. These are obviously for power to the unit. Where abouts do I connect these. Can they just plug into any accessory and do I need to cit wires?

3 The T section that plugs into the vacume pressure line....where is the line?

4 Mounting the pressure sender...has any body found a good place to mount this so it doesnt flop around?

5 Feeding the wire from the guage to the pressure sender through the fire wall. Where is the best place?

I know this sound a bit dumb for some of you but the last time I put guages in a car was 1980.

The guage is the Fairmont clock type. Ok ok I know some of you think there *beep*. I am older ok!

Regards,

Neal H

• Member For: 19y 11m 13d

Ok I have been tinkering and got some info. Have the console cover off, understand that the T pipe connects to the brake boost hose (thanks Cro) and goes through the firewall via the clutch grommett. All I need now is to get the premium sound console section out so I can get in behind it!!! I have been pushing and pulling it for a while and it doesn't come any further out than about 2 cm. I think that all the wires are holding it back. Not game to fiddle here.

I need to power up the guage and get the sensor cable up into the console guage. Any pointers please?

Regards,

Neal H

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 7d

I did my gauges without removing the ICC.

Run the power from either the Power source or the mobile phone plug behiund the fusebox.

I ran the illumination from the back of the Traction Control button wiring.

Took 1 hour in total.

I posted how to get the wires from the top in the othr thread

• 5 months later...
  • HgAg soldier
  • Member For: 21y 3m 8d

Installing the Typhoon snorkel CAI

Hey all,

I have received quite a few PM's over the last few months requesting more info on my CAI install. hopefully this will benefit other people who are looking at doing this mod.

Disclaimer: As with all mods, care should be taken to avoid damaging your vehicle. Whilst this is an easy mod to do, there is room for error and if you do somehow manage to cut a 30cm peanut shaped hole on the wrong side of the airbox, your own your own!! :laughing:

Parts Required

You can use either one of the following. I used the Typhoon version, I think it’s the same as the BF series XR8 snorkel. I thought I’d put both down as one might be easier to obtain than the other from Ford.

BA2T 9C676 A (Typhoon)

BAF 9C676 B (XR8/XR6T?)

Tools

Pencil & ruler

Philips and flathead screwdrivers

8mm Socket wrench with extension bar

Dremel multitool

Sandpaper

Here is the measurements I used for my snorkel, no gaps and it fitted beautifully under the headlight without any probs.

1. Remove the standard inlet pipe and loosen the hose clamp on the airbox. Unclip and remove the airbox lid. Unbolt and remove the airbox from your car using an 8mm socket with extension bar.

2. Give it a quick wipe over to remove any build up of scum. Mark the 120mm x 58mm hole (this is size of the hole taking into consideration the lip of the snorkel) using the measurements I provided in pencil on the outside of the airbox.

Tip: Do not try to align the ribs on the snorkel with the outside ribs on the airbox as they do not line up. The inside ribs are what secures the snorkel to the airbox.

3. Now that you have your guide, secure the airbox so you can start cutting. I used a Dremel multitool to cut the hole, bought it from Mitre 10 for 80 bucks, which made the job really easy. If you don’t have one I’m sure a drill and hacksaw could do a similar job. I used a bench top vice to hold it in place and put some rag in it to stop the airbox from getting damaged.

Tip: You will need to round the edges slightly to allow for the lip on the snorkel, don’t cut out a perfect rectangle, or you will end up with small gaps on each corner.

4. After you have finished cutting the hole, slowly trim down each corner edge and test fit the snorkel, if it doesn’t sit flush (it will look kinda warped inside) then take a bit more off whatever side that needs it.

5. Now that you have your hole, give it a quick file and/or sand to remove any loose plastic to it doesn’t get sucked into your engine. I gave my airbox a hose out and clean and left it to dry in the sun.

6. Finally slide the snorkel under the headlight, chuck the airbox back in and bolt it up. I didn’t bother with the third bolt near the headlight as it was really fiddly to get in, but other members have got it in without any trouble using a socket through the new hole you just cut out.

7. Attach the new snorkel and stock inlet pipe. Then put the air filter back in and put on the lid.

Tip: Don’t forget to tighten the hose clamp! (I forgot!!)

This took me about 40mins all up, if your quite handy at these sorts of things, it should only take you about 20-30mins.

post-1503-1136088860_thumb.jpg post-1503-1136088874_thumb.jpg post-1503-1136088901_thumb.jpg post-1503-1136088912_thumb.jpg

Good luck, :laughing:

Kaine

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 7m 3d

Sounds like a good idea for everyone to be running that sixer