Sly's General Questions

Slymeat

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 22d

I was thinking due to some of the questions going around I would start this topic so people could post me some questions. If I am legally allowed to answer, and if I am able to I will do so. That said sometimes I will need to research the answers and my reply may take time.

Once I have the detailed answer written it will be moved into the Sly's General Questions, The Answers thread. That thread will remain pinned in the Chit Chat forum for quick reference to the questions and answers.

For my first question we will discuss fog lights. :blush:

Edited by Adam

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Xtreme Xalted Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 13d

Good onya Sly.

I for one welcome your offer.

I have missed the input previously supplied by Plonky in a similar thread.

Now lets just ask the Mods to keep a close eye on it all and immediatly and permanantly thow out anyone who even looks like tuning it into a copper bashing exercise.

Macka.

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
Good onya Sly.

I for one welcome your offer.

I have missed the input previously supplied by Plonky in a similar thread.

Now lets just ask the Mods to keep a close eye on it all and immediatly and permanantly thow out anyone who even looks like tuning it into a copper bashing exercise.

Macka.

Thanx, I wanted to lay this one to rest. :blush:

I am prepared to put the work in when I can and I will be as thorough as I can, although I will not enter into any pointless tooing and frooing, if this happens I will just cease to update this topic.

• Member For: 18y 8m 21d

I am a member a of car club and when we go on cruises, usually between 50 to 100 cars, we all drive with fog lights on, I wasnt even aware that it was illegal . Thanks for the info, I will pass on to all the other members of the club.

Cheers

Jeff

• Member For: 18y 5m 28d

All good information and Slymeat I commend you on this thread.

I have a few questions regariding the use of fog lights. In the above information it states " A front fog light is a second set of lights, not being spot lights or parking lights, independently operated, which formed part of the front bumper assembly for the purpose of giving more light in fog of hazardous weather conditions, and with a power exceeding 7 watts, emitting white or yellow light to the front"

Now how will an officer deem that a motorist is using a fog light that exceeds 7 watts? is this figure for one light or the total power consumption of the lights? Finally how can a officer of the law be allowed to use these lights? like I have seen many times

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
I think also pertinent to this forum is the use of BOVs... do you have the information on this?

Off the top of my head bovs are permited as long as when they vent they don't vent into the atmosphere.

A more detailed answer can be found in the answers thread. :blush:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 11d

already started complaining.. slymeat is only one person passing on a message, he isnt the government.

anyway, I wanted to know something myself.

Say an L-plater was caught driving alone in his parent's car. What kind of charges could they face if he/she admitted to taking the car without their parent's consent, and if you have dealt with something along these lines, what would you think the outcome would be?

Answer posted in the answers thread. :spoton: