Do I Buy An F6 Or Gt? Arrrggg!

CHILLR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 21d

This is doing my head in!...

Currently driving an FG XR6 turbo UTE.

Coming out of a cammed VE clubby. (loved my V8s. Sold it, went overseas come back and needed a ute so gave this a run and have loved it.

Its currently back to stock as im ready to trade. But got some basic mods done by HERROD inc cat back, air intake inc growler, tune, front mount. Cheap mods that pulled 290rwkw with 700nm.

Time to get a sedan, and time to go FPV.

Ive recently had my heart set on a new GT. Havent driven one but I know id love it. Id be buying new so would be anywhere between 67-69990 Drive away.

Then there are instant mods inc exhaust, tune, filter, lower. Down the track mods inc intercool, pulley injectors.

Tought to find the colours etc I want with NAV.

10k Less, we have the F6. looks the part, got all the good gear can even find them with NAV for 59-60k.

Exhaust, tune, cai. All under the GT price.

Are the GT's really THAT awesome?

I wouldnt be doing track days, not fussed on running the strip. Just a tough street car.

Im in 2 minds. and it hurts. I Know If I go the F6 im always going to be curious on the GTs roar and performance. And I know if I get the GT ill be rapt I got it. But would of cost abit more!...

Help... What sort of power could I expect out of an F6 with a cat back, tune, CAI?

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 8d

I'd say go to your local dealer n give them both a test drive.

As for your question. The catback does very little, your need a hi flow cat or even a dump aswell. Wouldn't bother with a cai unless you go turbo side intake, just put a k n N filter in the box. Just need cooler pipes and possibly a cooler and your looking at a comfortable 300rwkw. K n N, dump, cat, cooler pipes, xcal3 and tune will set you back between $3000-$3500 installed and tuned. Add a cooler and your about $4500 max.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 21d

I know they are pushing big numbers, but do they 'feel' as quick as an F6 on the street? say a 385rwkw GT compared to a 330rwkw F6....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 5d

GT will never "feel" as quick because of it's power delivery.

Just like really good tyres don't feel as quick as really sh*t tyres.

I would test drive them both before making my mind up.

Edited by Paulie2256

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 11d

just different. the turbo will push you back in your seat and have massive mid range, the gt will rocket off the line, but not progressively accelerate harder and harder...

the f6 will be quicker ON THE STREET. maybe not the track though. the gt will be hard to get traction down off the line as its making high power from the get go, the f6 will progressively make more as the turbo spools, but when its at its peak you are already moving pretty fast so less chance of wheel spin= quicker car.

having said that on the road a tuned f6 will still spin the treads when its on boost anyway...

so many people have gone from fast v8's to turbo 6's and got addicted. the progressive push in the seat harder and harder is hard to beat...

• Like 3