Cruise Control Any One Put It On A Xr5?

SUSPCT

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m

Hey we are looking at a XR5 (the new ones released June 1) but only Con we can see is no Cruise Control....

Is there a Ford one that can be fitted to it? or can you get some sort of upgrade to have it on?

I mea if u can option it on a normal focus why not a XR5???

Any ideas on what to o or an alternative?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 16y 1m 2d
Hey we are looking at a XR5 (the new ones released June 1) but only Con we can see is no Cruise Control....

Is there a Ford one that can be fitted to it? or can you get some sort of upgrade to have it on?

I mea if u can option it on a normal focus why not a XR5???

Any ideas on what to o or an alternative?

I found a place to install an aftermarket one in Canberra fro 800$. Command Cruise Control

• 2 weeks later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 16y 24d

Hi,

I had my car used as a prototype by Autron in Melbourne for the developement of their cruise for the xr5t..

The best bit was I got a free cruise.. lol..

But, the cruise works great and isnt like the dodgy command one I had tried that pulled on the pedal. The autron one works with the electronics in the car.

The guys also gave me something they call Multi resume, which is another 3 buttons that have preset speeds on it, I have mine on 80, 100, 110.

My car has now got 15k on it and I highly recommend this system to anyone.

http://www.autron.com.au/newweb/index1024.htm

Cheers,

Frx026

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 5m 2d

Thumbs up for Autron here too, had it fitted to my Mazda BT50, as it had no options for cruise from the factory either.

Nothing is as good as the factory cruise, but as far as aftermarket kits go, Autron are the best imho.

• 2 months later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 2d
But, the cruise works great and isnt like the dodgy command one I had tried that pulled on the pedal. The autron one works with the electronics in the car.

Command have produced a "Drive-by-wire" unit for (the XR5) for some months now, and can only be fitted by authorized command "DBW" installers.

So in other words the Command unit is not dodgy, it seems it is the company that installed it.

The command unit is excellent if set-up properly, like any aftermarket cruise.

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 6m 18d

I took delivery of my XR5 today, and the dealership fitted an Autran Cruise on it, and it is great. The controls are nice and discreet too.

They fit around the hub of the steering wheel. (see pic) - its on the bottom right of the centre of the wheel, a black strip of 3 buttons

The dealership and a local supplier both quoted $950 installed, although through general haggle over the total car price, they threw it into the deal.

post-33004-1229344354_thumb.png

Edited by Gaijin