Blew The Auto At 33k's

turtle33

• Member For: 19y 6m 13d

tonight as I was reversing out of my driveway, I selected drive and a big clunk was felt/heard. I drove off and it felt like the hand brake was on. I turned around limped the 50 or so mtrs back to the garage. A call to ford assist tomorow and a tilt tray to denmac for a new gearbox me thinks. It was strange as its one of the very few times im not wringing its neck.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 7m 20d
tonight as I was reversing out of my driveway, I selected drive and a big clunk was felt/heard. I drove off and it felt like the hand brake was on. I turned around limped the 50 or so mtrs back to the garage. A call to ford assist tomorow and a tilt tray to denmac for a new gearbox me thinks. It was strange as its one of the very few times im not wringing its neck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know how you feel, my car is at Denmac Darra and my engine is at Ford engine plant Melb (possibly big end bearing), they have had it for 2 weeks so far and will prob be another 2 weeks, still determining if it is under waranty. I hope your not in a hurry! :tease:

Scott

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know how you feel, my car is at Denmac Darra and my engine is at Ford engine plant Melb (possibly big end bearing), they have had it for 2 weeks so far and will prob be another 2 weeks, still determining if it is under waranty. I hope your not in a hurry! :laughing:

Scott

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mate yeah I am, im a builder so the yoot is my life blood.If I cant get it sorted tomorrow I will try and get an exchange from melb (stengthened)

• Member For: 19y 7m 20d

mate yeah I am, im a builder so the yoot is my life blood.If I cant get it sorted tomorrow I will try and get an exchange from melb (stengthened)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found the best people to deal with are Fordcare 133673 not the dealers, these guys tend to get stuff happening if you give them an ear full, what's the saying,

Sqeaky wheel get the most attention.

Or get it done here :stirthepot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

been on the phone all day and everybody in bris I talked to had NFI or wanted 3-4k for a rebuild, so if you have someone in mind feel free to pm me or post it up.

• Member For: 18y 7m 2d

I started my car the other day where it started shaking from side to side as if someone had swapped the 6 for the 8. I stopped the car completely, restarted and all was good - didn't think there was an issue with the T, just didn't start it properly if this helps.. \m/

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 9d
I started my car the other day where it started shaking from side to side as if someone had swapped the 6 for the 8. I stopped the car completely, restarted and all was good - didn't think there was an issue with the T, just didn't start it properly if this helps.. \m/

Sorry to hear about the gearbox Turtle.

I think you'll save yourself a whole bunch of heartache and time by just going with a strengthened swap-over....